Deadline: July 27, 2018
DUTIES: This is responsible police work as part of the Public Safety Operations of the City. Work involves responsibility for community protection of life and property, crime prevention, law enforcement and arrest, assigned patrol, traffic control and supervision, investigation, records and report processing, public relations contacts and other special police related assignments.
SALARY: Starting salary $45,385 (July 1, 2018) plus a generous benefits package
**We offer a $2,500 signing bonus for candidates already certified by the Iowa Law Enforcement Academy upon hire**
• Graduation from High School or equivalent. Some college preferred.
• Ability to read, write, and understand English.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Sufficient physical ability to sit, stand, walk, run, lift heavy objects, and climb stairs carrying emergency equipment.
• Must pass physical and drug screen.
• Ability to complete the Iowa Law Enforcement Academy.
• Must possess valid Iowa driver’s license.
• Must reside within 30 air miles of Muscatine City Hall and in Iowa following hire.
• Must be U.S citizen
Testing will occur in August 2018. Time, date, and location TBD.
Applications are available on the City’s website: www.muscatineiowa.gov or in the Human Resources Department at City Hall, 215 Sycamore Street, Muscatine, Iowa 52761.
Application deadline for this testing process is 5:00 p.m. on Friday, July 27, 2018
Muscatine is an Equal Opportunity Employer