To nominate an officer for the IaAWP Officer of the year award, see guidelines:
Must be an Active Association member in good standing.
Nominated by a supervisor or another member of Association, in writing, with qualifications listed on the nomination.
Qualifications may include any or all of the following:
- Excellence through superior attention to duty or outstanding investigation efforts that results in the identification, location, or arrest of a major criminal or criminal activity.
- Act of bravery or heroism, at risk to personal safety or in the face of great danger, and above and beyond the call of duty.
- Distinguished community involvement related to law enforcement.
- Distinguished support, mentoring and assistance to women in law enforcement.
- Awards received and/or special commendations received.
Nominations will be accepted up to one month prior to the annual training conference or at the discretion of the President.
Final selection is to be made by the Board prior to the annual Spring Membership Meeting.
The International Association of Women Police will be notified of the IaAWP’s recipient of this award.