The Iowa Association of Women Police is proud to announce a college scholarship opportunity. Our association will be offering a total of $2000 a year to be used for college expenses, including books and tuition. The scholarship, named the Phoenix Scholarship, is made possible by the generous donation of money from a benefactor who wanted to specifically help people in Law Enforcement. We will award part of the money each year to a current member of the Iowa Association of Women Police and also the child of a current member of the IaAWP. The information on how to apply for the Phoenix Scholarship is available on this page. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Phoenix Award – Established 2017
Iowa Association of Women Police will offer college scholarships to members and children of members once a year as funds are available. There will be $2,000 scholarships available per year. Depending on the number of applications, there could be 4 ($500) or 2 ($1,000) available. The Phoenix scholarship will be awarded in honor of women in law enforcement.
Scholarship funds can be used for tuition, room and board, books and other educational expenses.
Entries must be submitted no later than March 1st in the year applying. Scholarships will be awarded at the annual IaAWP Spring Training Conference.
SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
1. Applicant must be a current member or child/stepchild of a member of the Iowa Association of Women Police.
2. Applicant must be entering college or currently enrolled in an undergraduate program or enrolled in a vocational or technical institution.
3. Applicant must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or better on a 4.0 scale (in high school or college). Please provide a current transcript with application.
4. Past recipients are not eligible for renewal scholarship awards.
5. Applicant is required to write an essay of approximately 300-500 words on their personal and professional goals, their history of volunteering, and/or extra circular activities. Applicant must also fill out an application form found on the Iowa Assoc. of Women Police website. (www.iaawp.com)
Before completing the application form, please read the instructions carefully. All information given on this application will be kept confidential. Scholarship recipients will be chosen by a committee of members and announced at the Annual Iowa Association of Women Police spring training conference.