Deadline: March 1, 2019
Applicants must be:
- a United States citizen
- at least 18 years of age at the time of application
- have a high school diploma or GED
- possess a valid drivers’ license
This position is responsible for maintaining order, enforcing laws and ordinances, and protecting life and property for the county.
- patrol on foot or vehicle
- responding to emergencies
- directing traffic
- issuing traffic summonses
- investigating accidents
- apprehending and arresting suspects
- serving legal processes of courts
Benefit package includes base salary, IPERS and health care plan.
To apply for this position, please fill out the online application below. You will be prompted to upload a cover letter and resume during the application process.
Hardin County Employee Application
Applications may also obtain an application any time at the Hardin County Sheriff’s Office, 1116 14th Avenue Eldora, IA 50627, or by calling 641-939-8189.
Applicants will be notified after the receipt of application on the testing times and locations.
Application deadline is 4:00 PM on Friday, March 1, 2019.
The Hardin County Sheriff’s Office is an equal opportunity employer.