IaAWP Mission Statement
- To promote professionalism through excellence in training.
- To serve as a network for members to learn and mentor.
- To create a pool of knowledge available to every member.
- Through training, increase the number of qualified women hired for law enforcement positions.
- Training membership for promotions.
The Iowa Association of Women Police was created in 1982 and is an affiliate member of the International Association of Women Police. IaAWP is an official non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of women in law enforcement. Everyone in law enforcement, and related fields, are encouraged to take advantage of our spring training conferences. Our goal is to provide quality training that every agency or individual can afford. Membership is open to all certified law enforcement officers, those in related fields, or those that have a vested interest in women in law enforcement.